Wed. Oct 16th, 2019

Man detained by China for sharing pictures of troops

China has kept a Taiwanese man on state security charges after he purportedly disseminated photographs of Chinese troops massing hardware on the Hong Kong fringe.

Lee Meng-chu was being examined after he “purportedly occupied with criminal operations that jeopardize state security”, said a representative for territory China’s Taiwan Affairs Office, without expounding.

Loved ones dreaded Lee – a volunteer action coordinator in a little angling network in southern Taiwan – had been confined in China after they were not able reach him for quite a long time.

Chen Yalin, a Taiwanese civic chairman, revealed to Taiwan’s administration run Central News Agency before that Lee sent him a photograph demonstrating paramilitary troops gathering, and that he was not able contact Lee after that.

Chen included that he was in contact with Lee on 20 August, when Lee said he was at the Hong Kong side of the fringe with China and needed to traverse to Shenzhen. “The People’s Liberation Army was gathering at the fringe, the circumstance appeared to be tense,” Chen cited Lee as saying.

Chen said Lee – from the township of Fangliao – was relied upon to fly from Hong Kong to Indonesia to meet him in Jakarta for a gathering in late August yet had neglected to arrive.

The updates on Lee’s detainment came as Hong Kong was buried in its most noticeably awful political emergency for a considerable length of time, with hostile to government dissents giving no indication of decreasing following three months. Photographs of drills led in the Chinese bordertown of Shenzhen have fuelled hypothesis that China may assemble its military to get serious about dissents in Hong Kong.

Individuals held by China on state security charges are regularly kept for quite a long time at an obscure area and are denied visits from legal advisors and families.

In March 2017, Taiwanese rights lobbyist Lee Ming-che vanished out traveling to China and developed in September at a court hearing in the southern city of Changsha. He was later condemned to five years in jail for the “disruption of state control” for holding on the web political talks and helping the groups of imprisoned nonconformists.